Australia is one of the top most popular migration destinations. The attraction of good weather and a high standard of living remains strong as ever and there has been no decline in the number of people seeking to emigrate from various parts of the world. The Australian economy has steady growth, low inflation, low interest rates and a falling external deficit. The expansive landscape with its infinite variety, the ocean and waterways which are at the heart of Australian way of life, and the spacious and attractive cities are all valued and enjoyed. Australian society is refreshingly open and vigorous. The people are friendly and ethical.
Australia has much to offer would-be migrants’ year-round sunshine, a lot of space for a healthy outdoor lifestyle, a high level of home ownership and a strong and growing economy. It’s not surprising that the country has a sophisticated immigration system to deal with the number of applications it receives. So, do you qualify for immigration to Australia? Which visa should you apply for? What conditions do you need to satisfy? See below our expertise in Australian migration.
We offer immigration services under Skilled migration category; Business/Investor migration category; Family migration category; Student Visa; and Visitor Visa.
POINTS BASED SKILLED MIGRATION CATEGORY:
Australia has an excellent immigration system for skilled people. The Australian Government continues to emphasise skilled migration, while maintaining a commitment to family reunion migration. The migration to Australia of people with qualifications and relevant work experience helps to address specific skills shortages in Australia and enhances the size and skill level of the Australian labour force. Skilled migrants boost Australia’s productivity in two ways. They increase the output of industry and they pass on skills to Australian workers. This in turn contributes to improved living standards for all Australians. As the title itself suggests that it is for skilled people. A skilled person is one whose occupation is included in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and/or in Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
To qualify, you or your partner should score required points. The points are awarded on set criteria such as – Age, Qualification, Work experience, English language ability and additional points awarded for spouse skills and English language ability, Australian qualification, lived/ studied in Regional Australia for atleast 2 years, Eligible relative in Australia, State/ Territory. The minimum required point score is 65.
The most common Skilled migration visa subclasses are:
- Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visa
- Skilled – Nominated (Subclass 190) visa
- Skilled – Work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 491) visa (effective from 16-Nov-2019)
Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visa
If you are a skilled person (Eg: Engineer, Accountant, Analyst Programmer, etc.,) and intend to migrate to Australia on the basis of your skill set, then, this is the visa you are looking for. To qualify in this category, your nominated occupation must be in Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
This is a Permanent Residence Visa.
It is based on points system. Minimum score required is 65 points, which are awarded on the basis of Age, Qualification, Work experience, English language ability, Proficiency in one of the community languages, etc.,
As a Permanent Resident (PR), you are eligible for:
- Medical programme by Medicare for your entire family for lifetime.
- Free education for your children up-to the age of 16 years /Higher Secondary School.
- Access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- Visa holder is permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely.
- However, if you wish to travel, then it is a 5 years multiple entry visa.
- After 5 years, if you still intend to travel out of Australia and you are not a citizen of Australia, you can apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV).
- To be eligible for Citizenship, you must live in Australia for at least 4 years, but not absent from Australia for more than one year in total, with no more than 3 months absence in the fourth year.
Skilled – Nominated (Subclass 190) visa
This subclass of visa is for those, who do not meet the 65 points requirement or whose occupation is not available in MLTSSL, but it is available in STSOL. However, to qualify under this subclass, you must score at least 65 points. The points are awarded in the same way as Skilled – Independent, in addition to extra 5 points for State/Territory Sponsorship. This is also a PR visa, however, the applicant must reside in the sponsoring state/territory for initial 2 years.
Skilled – Work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 491) visa
Effective from 16 November 2019, this visa subclass replaces visa subclass 489. The qualifying score is 65 points which requires either nomination by State/Territory or be sponsored by a relative in a designated regional area (includes any part of Australia, except Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Perth). This visa is for a period of 5 years. The visa holder is required to live and work in regional Australia. Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence visa. The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa will commence in November 2022.
Our expertise in Skilled Migration services to Australia:
We have excellent success rate in Skills Assessment for various nominated occupations for the last 15+ years. Eg: several Managerial designations, wide range of Engineering occupations, Accounting professionals, wide range of IT professionals, HR professionals, various Professionals and Associate Professionals, and range of Trades persons.
- We have good success rate in State/territory Sponsorship approvals since its inception in 2005 and have successfully represented large number of sponsorship application to almost all States and Territories.
- We have a very high competency level in preparing and submitting complete and error free applications to the respective statutory authorities.
- We strictly abide with the time frame and process applications at lowest turnaround time.
- We guide/help successful applicants in meeting the statutory licensing/membership/ registration requirement for certain occupations to practice in Australia.
- We offer successful applicants with initial settlement knowledge such as: guidance in applying for Medicare, Centrelink, Tax File Number (TFN), opening bank account and other preliminary services.
- We help our successful clients with real estate services such as initial economical hotel apartment booking, finding suitable rental accommodation, preparing a Standard CV/resume, providing with links of reputed placement/recruitment agency contact details, guidance in finding school for children etc.,
BUSINESS – TALENT / INNOVATION AND INVESTMENT CATEGORY
Business Talent (Permanent) Subclass 132 Visa
This is a permanent visa. It is an invitation based application and must be nominated by a State/territory. There are two streams under this category, i.e
Significant Business History Stream
Under this subclass, the maximum age limit is 55 years; Net asset – minimum AUD $ 400,000 (in a qualifying business) in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before invitation; Total assets must be minimum AUD $ 1.5 million which must be transferred to Australia within 2 years from the date of visa grant; A total turnover of at least AUD $ 3 million in one or more main business in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before invitation.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: Source AUD1million in venture capital funding from a member of AVCAL (Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association Limited) who holds the venture capital category of membership; And the applicant must have entered into an agreement to receive venture capital funding for early phase start-up of a business, product commercialisation, or business development and expansion in Australia.
Our Services for business category clients:
- For business clients, we offer a full and complete assistance from concept to completion.
- As a part of your application, a business feasibility report will be prepared by our highly professional and competent Australian team which specializes in surveying and gathering real current and accurate information required to set-up or to buy an existing business in Australia.
- We liaise with the statutory authorities to process your State/Territory nomination and your visa lodgment.
- We offer post landing assistance for our business clients, which includes initial business setup planning, provide information about meeting government requirements to establish a business, or help negotiate in purchasing existing business, help in real estate requirement, and many more.
FAMILY AND OTHER CATEGORY:
- Partner (Spouse/ Defacto)
- Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) (Onshore only)
- Business Long Stay visa
- Skilled – Graduate (Onshore only)
- Visitor Visa
- Student Visa